Reopening Our Schools – Updates & Information
North Colonie Reopening Plan
The health and safety of our students, our staff and their families is our top priority. We want students and employees to feel comfortable and safe returning to school campuses. We will continue to be in an environment of change and as a result, we will continue to modify, update, and improve this reopening document as needed throughout the year. Read the North Colonie Reopening Plan.
The first day of school will be on Monday, Sept. 14. The schedules are as follows:
- Forts Ferry & Southgate
- Grades K-3: 8:45 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
- Grades 4-6: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Blue Creek, Boght Hills, Latham Ridge, Loudonville
- Grades K-3: 9:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Grades 4-6: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Elementary Remote
- Grades K-3: 9:30 – 11:30 a.m., (BREAK), 12:20 – 2:15 p.m.
- Grades 4-6: 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., (BREAK), 1:15 – 2:30 p.m.
- Shaker Junior High (Grades 7&8)
- In-School: 7:30 – 11 a.m.
- Virtual: 12:40 – 2:35 p.m.
- Shaker High School (Grades 9-12)
- Virtual: 8:15 – 10:30 a.m.
- In-School: 11:45 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Who to Contact
If you have any questions throughout the 2020-21 school year, please review this page on who you should contact.
North Colonie Reopening FAQ
The district has received hundreds of questions from families since the beginning of July. Read the FAQ page, which will be updated as needed, to find answers to what we know at this time. Read the North Colonie Reopening FAQ.
Parent Advisory Council (PAC) Meetings
The district’s Parent Advisory Council meets mostly on Thursdays at 7 p.m. While the district plans for reopening, parents and community members will be invited to these meetings via livestream to learn more about the reopening plans. A link to view the livestream will be sent out the morning of the meeting. It will also be posted on the district website homepage. Below is an archive of recorded meetings.
- Thursday, Nov. 19 meeting video
- Thursday, Oct. 15 meeting video
- Thursday, Sept. 24 meeting video
- Thursday, Sept. 10 meeting video
- Thursday, Sept. 3 meeting video
- Thursday, Aug. 27 meeting video
- Thursday, Aug. 20 meeting video
- Tuesday, Aug. 18 meeting video
- Thursday, Aug. 13 meeting video
- Thursday, Aug. 6 meeting video
- Thursday, July 30 meeting video
- Thursday, July 23 meeting video
- Thursday, July 16 meeting video
- Thursday, July 9 meeting presentation
- Thursday, June 25 meeting presentation
- Thursday, June 11 meeting presentation
- Thursday, June 4 meeting presentation
Special Education & Mental Health Meetings
K-6 Remote Learning Parent Information Meeting
If you have a question that has not been answered or is specific to your child, please use the email addresses below to contact the correct department:
- Athletics – email@example.com
- Curriculum/Instruction – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food Services – email@example.com
- Health & Safety – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources – HR@ncolonie.org
- Mental Health & Wellness – PPS@ncolonie.org
- Special Education – PPS@ncolonie.org
- School Buildings/Facilities – email@example.com
- Technology – ITTechTeam@ncolonie.org
- Transportation – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a North Colonie staff member who has a question related to your employment, please contact the Human Resources Department at the email listed above.
New York State Education Dept. Guidance
On Thursday, July 16, the New York State Education Department released guidance to help schools and school districts as they plan to reopen, whether that occurs in person, remotely, or in a combination of the two. Read the guidance document.