Welcome and thank you for choosing North Colonie schools for your child’s education. We look forward to partnering with you to provide engaging, relevant and challenging educational experiences and opportunities for your child.
For your convenience, the District Boundary Map is provided as a PDF. If you need it in another format please let us know.
For all new students being registered to attend one of our North Colonie schools, please see instructions below. Registration is now being completed online.
NOTE: Online registration is for K-12 and CPSE students only – not UPK. SCROLL DOWN for the UPK Registration Forms.
If you have any questions, please email the registrar’s office at: email@example.com or contact us by phone at: (518) 785-8591, ext. 3135.
Information needed to register your student(s):
You will be asked to provide:
- Proof of Residency (lease or deed/mortgage statement with one additional current bill)
- Proof of Age
- IEP OR 504 Documents, if applicable
- Report Card/Transcript from previous school(s), if available
- Immunization Record
- Physical Exam Form
- Any additional Documents that are pertinent to your student
Examples of accepted documents can be found here. Please upload all documents in PDF format, if possible.
Once you have completed and uploaded these forms to your device, you can begin online registration by clicking on the link below. NOTE: Online registration is for K-12 and CPSE students only.
We will be in contact after the registration application has been processed, but if you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you an existing North Colonie family with a Parent Portal account?
You can also complete a registration application through your parent portal account.
After logging in, select More in the main menu, then select Online Registration.
Pre-K, Non-Public Schools or CPSE Registration
For students attending pre-school, a non-public school or for families registering their child for CPSE, please click on the applicable link below for the required forms. Once you are all set, please email the forms below to: email@example.com
Pre-K/Universal Pre-K (UPK) for 2023-24
Limited spots are available for the 2023-24 school year.
The North Colonie Central School District is again offering Universal Pre-K (UPK) as part of funding from the New York state adopted budget.
UPK is a free program that will be open to North Colonie families with children who will be four years old by December 1, 2023. Please note that students who are age-eligible to enter traditional Kindergarten (5 years old by December 1, 2023), are not eligible for UPK.
Our Current Partnership
The district currently partners with Catholic Central and St. Pius X Schools of the Albany Diocese. If requests exceed the slots, a random lottery will be held. If applications do not exceed the amount of available openings, spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
North Colonie families that have already enrolled their Pre-K students in the Catholic Central or St. Pius X programs for 2023-24 are required to register with the district if they wish to be considered for the available UPK free program slots. Please note that lunch is not free. Families can fill out a waiver to determine if they are eligible for free or reduced lunch.
Exploring Other Opportunities
In the coming weeks, North Colonie CSD will issue a Request For Proposal (RFP) in an effort to establish more partnerships with eligible UPK providers. Our hope is that we will be able to offer more slots to North Coming families. We will keep you apprised of any information when it becomes available.
Please fill out our UPK Registration Forms (listed below) and provide two current proofs of residency and a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport. Once you have completed the registration form, please email it along with the required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit at the North Colonie District Office at 91 Fiddler’s Lane in Latham.
- NYS Health Examination Form– to be completed by your child’s physician
- Dental Health Certificate
- Medicine Authorization 6-12
- Medicine Authorization K-5
- Emergency Health Care Plan
To be eligible for kindergarten at the opening of school of any year, a child must be five years of age on or before December 1. If your child is between the ages of birth and five, please call the registrar’s office. Registration takes place beginning in December for the following school year. For September 2023 kindergarten enrollment, your child must turn five by December 1, 2023.
Items required at time of registration:
Deed or Mortgage
Also, please include an additional bill that has been issued within the past 30 days to accompany a copy of your deed/lease/mortgage:
Additional acceptable documentation:
- Pay stub;
- Income tax form;
- Utility or other bills;
- Voter registration document(s);
- State or other government issued identification;
- Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies;
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers.
Documents must be current and original – they will be copied and returned to you immediately. Print-outs from online accounts will be accepted if they show the name and address of the resident and have a current date.
- A copy of a residential lease; deed; or mortgage statement;
- A statement by a third-party landlord, owner, or tenant from whom the parent(s)/guardian(s) lease from or live with (either sworn or unsworn);
- Such other statement(s) by a third party establishing the physical presence of the parents/guardian(s) in the school district
Contract to Build/Buy a Home
(For September entrance into current school year only)
In addition to the above proof of residency, one of the following forms of documentation is required at the time of registration:
- Pay stub from Employer;
- Income Tax Form;
- Utility or other bills;
- Voter Registration documents;
- Documents issued by Federal, State or Local Agencies;
- Evidence of custody of the child(ren), including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers.
- Homeowners or Renters Insurance
* Documents must be current and originals — Please bring them with you to your appointment. We will make a copy and return them to you during your appointment.
Delayed Residence Policy (Policy 5152, Policy 5152-R)
Documentation Necessary to Establish Student Age
In addition to the foregoing documentation, the School District requires appropriate documentation sufficient to establish the age of the child(ren) being registered. The following documentation will be required at the time of registration:
- Certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism; or if not available
- A passport (including foreign passport)
If the foregoing documentation is not available, the district will consider other documentary evidence, including but not limited to:
- Official driver’s license
- State or other government issued identification
- School photo identification with date of birth
- Consulate identification card
- Hospital or health records
- Military dependent identification card
- Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies
- Court orders or other court-issued documents
- Native American tribal documents
- Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies
- All forms included in the registration packet – filled out as completely as possible
If relevant, additional documentation needed for school information:
- IEP (Individualized Education Plan) from previous school district
- Section 504 documentation from previous school district
- Last report card for placement purpose
A health physical must be provided in order to attend school. The exam must have been performed within the 12 months prior to the child’s start date in our school district. If a physical has not been performed, you are allowed 30 days from the start of school to obtain one. The Health Certificate/Appraisal Form is provided for your doctor’s use. Please remember, however, that the most current immunization records are absolutely required in order to register (see above).