2021-22 Inclement Weather Plans
The snow has started to fall and the North Colonie Central School District (NCCSD) wants students, families and staff to know how the district will handle weather-related closures and delays in the 2021-22 school year.
NCCSD has 183 days built into the 2021-22 school year – leaving three days for emergency closings, which include weather events and other unforeseen emergencies.
Therefore, in the event of inclement weather we plan to use traditional snow closings as we have used prior to the pandemic. We will also reserve the option when appropriate to call a delay for road crews and our own facilities staff to clear roads and walkways.
Morning closings may be announced as early as 5:30 a.m., but usually by 6:30 a.m.
Delayed openings mean all schedules will be delayed two hours. Bus pickups will be approximately two hours later than the scheduled time. However, please continue to monitor all opening delays, as they could turn into school closings depending on the weather.
How NCCSD communicates weather-related information
North Colonie families can find information about inclement weather delays, closings or cancellations in several ways including:
- The homepage of the school district’s website – www.northcolonie.org.
- Local TV and radio stations: Channel 6, Spectrum News, NEWS10, Channel 13, FOX23, WGNA (107.7 FM), WGY (810 AM), WYJB (B95.5), WRVE (99.5 FM), as well as http://timesunion.com.
- For district parents and staff, closing information will be sent directly to you via email using School Messenger. Parents are also able to sign up for text alerts.
Colonie Youth Center (CYC)
- If school is delayed or closed, CYC does NOT operate.
- If school dismisses 15 minutes early, CYC DOES operate. If school closes more than 15 minutes early, CYC does NOT operate.
- If school dismisses at the usual time, but after school/evening activities are canceled, CYC stays open. Please be advised that CYC may ask parents to pick up early. This communication would come from CYC (not the district).
Please contact CYC with questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Category: Archive, Blue Creek, Boght Hills, District News, Forts Ferry, Latham Ridge, Loudonville, SHS, SJHS, Southgate