Seven SJHS students recently competed in the MATHCOUNTS chapter invitational. Two SJHS students, Kevin Lu (3rd) and Isabella Hu (4th), will move on to the state competition!
The MATHCOUNTS Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that reaches students in grades 6-8 in all US states and territories with 3 extracurricular math programs. More than a quarter million students participate in the programs or use their resources each year. The MATHCOUNTS competition series cultivates talent in the nation’s brightest young minds. Students from all 50 states compete in a series of contests.
After the state-level competition, students who qualify will then move on to the national competition in May.
Congratulations and good luck, Kevin and Isabella!
SJHS results from the chapter invitational:
- Kevin Lu scored: 33; rank: 3rd (Qualified for State Round)
- Isabella Hu scored: 33; rank: 4th (Qualified for State Round)
- Ian Gu scored: 30; rank: 8th
- Josian Mo scored: 29; rank: 10th
- Peter Gong scored: 28; rank: 12th
- Everitt Li scored: 27; rank: 13th
- Sanjana Kolli scored: 26; rank: 15th