The six elementary innovation labs opened on October 6. Students and staff are all very excited to explore and create.
These labs were created by our district with the following goals in mind.
- To provide ALL of our students with a supportive environment in which they are expected to be creative problem solvers and divergent thinkers.
- To explore new challenges through a hands-on, open curriculum in a nontraditional space.
- To create time for students to collaborate as team members and to navigate through the engineering design process.
- To prepare students for future opportunities that don’t even exist yet, but will by the time they graduate.
- To help students realize it is okay to stumble and then rethink new possibilities and new solutions.
- To let students develop skills they never knew they had and give them opportunities to become empowered learners and leaders.