Welcome to Blue Creek – Home of the Bulldogs!
We are “A PeaceAble School” so we ask that you please enter Blue Creek with an open mind and heart. We strive to have a culture characterized by respect, kindness, compassion, inclusion and peace.
We are a diverse community of learners with members of our community coming from a variety of continents, countries, ethnicities, cultures, faiths, genders, orientations, abilities, socioeconomic backgrounds and life experiences.
You can report a student absence here.
District policies detailing attendance requirements can be found here.
The arrival bell rings at 9 a.m., and students arriving by bus or being dropped off enter the building. Students who are located in the “walk zone” and are in grades K and 1 enter the Kindergarten door. Grades 2 to 5 walk to the main entrance.
If a student arrives to school after the official arrival time of 9:15 a.m. they will be considered late.
At the end of the school day, dismissal for students being picked up or walking home begins at 3:35 p.m. Buses typically are loaded between 3:40 – 4:00 p.m.
Code of Conduct
View the district’s policy on Student Conduct and Discipline (5300).
Hello Blue Creek Families!
This is Nurse Kim! I hope you all had an amazing summer! I have missed you all and I can’t wait to see
you all soon! I am also so excited to meet all the new students coming to Blue Creek this year! Just a few
reminders for the upcoming school year.
- All new students to Blue Creek need to submit their immunization records. If records are not
submitted within the first two weeks of school, your child will be excluded from school until the
records are submitted. If you have any questions please contact me.
- If your child is entering grades K, 1, 3, or 5 OR if your child is a new student to our school, they
will need an updated physical for this school year, per DOH. This can be any physical AFTER
9/7/22 for it to count for the 23-24 school year. These can be submitted via fax, mail, handed in
- Starting in late fall, I will begin screening the children in grades K, 1, 3, and 5 and all new
students for hearing and vision. 5th grade girls will also receive a scoliosis screening.
- If your child fails a screening, you will get a note home in their backpack and verbal or email
contact from me.
- If your child is absent for any reason please fill out the google absence form located on the
- Please notify me if your child was diagnosed with a communicable illness such as strep throat,
Flu, covid, head lice, etc.
- If your child has a medication to be administered in school, each year I need a new Doctor’s
order form for that medication and permission from you for me to administer the medication to
your child. This includes prescription and over the counter medications.
I am looking forward to a wonderful school year!! As always, if you have any questions or concerns
please reach out to me.
Kimberly Roberson, BSN, RN
Blue Creek Elementary School
18 Clinton Rd
Latham, NY 12110
Phone: 518-785-7451 X 4409
Blue Creek Elementary
18 Clinton Road | Latham, NY 12110
Phone: (518) 785-7451
Fax: (518) 785-3273
Principal: Christopher Turcio