Weekly Boost Feb. 4 – a message to families from Superintendent Corr
Dear North Colonie Families:
Good afternoon. Well, if your children put spoons under their pillows and wore their PJs inside out…it worked! In all seriousness, this was a messy storm and keeping everyone safe is always our priority.
Visit the district’s Facebook page to see some of our North Colonie kids having fun during the snow day.
OUR SCHOOL NURSES
Earlier in the school year, I asked the community to please be kind to our nurses. It has come to my attention that there’s been an increase in negative behavior toward our nurses – including yelling, hanging up during phone calls, and name calling. As a school community, we aim to treat others with kindness and respect. Our nurses work hard to assist students and families and this type of behavior toward them is simply unacceptable. I ask that you have patience when speaking with them and listen to what they have to say. Families are always welcome to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CTE students create acoustic panels for new sensory gym: Students in a Shaker High School construction class have put their woodworking skills to valuable use by creating acoustic panels for the new Colonie-based Bring on The Spectrum (BOTS), a 6,000-square-foot community space and sensory gym. Read more here.
- Winter athletes: Our student athletes are breaking personal records and school records. Congratulations to all of our Winter 2022 athletes thus far including: Kaelah Carter (Varsity Basketball), Mike Santore (Varsity Wrestling), Brady Schilling (Varsity Bowling), Hannah Fraley (Varsity Gymnastics), CJ Haver (Varsity Basketball), Ryan Stein (Varsity Wrestling), Kaleigh Higgins (Varsity Indoor Track & Field), and Dom Corey (Varsity Indoor Track & Field). Go Bisons! For all of our Athlete of the Week profiles click here.
- We’re hiring: We have a number of instructional and instructional support openings. Learn more about these opportunities here.
- Next Parents’ Advisory Council (PAC) meeting: February 17 at 7 p.m. The topic will be our K-8 Innovation Labs. A livestream link will be shared prior to the meeting.
- Midwinter break: February 21 – 25 (no school).
Stay safe and have a great weekend.
D. Joseph Corr
Category: Archive, District News