Students in the North Colonie Central School District ages 16 and older will have an opportunity to receive a COVID-19 vaccine at a vaccination clinic being held Saturday, April 17 at Colonie High School. Families of students age 16 and older can schedule an appointment for their child today. We anticipate multiple opportunities from the county to provide our students with vaccinations. The clinic, being held in conjunction with the South Colonie Central School District with support from Colonie EMS, is expected to have approximately 204 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine available for eligible North Colonie students.
The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is a two-part vaccine. Individuals receiving the vaccine on April 17, 2021 will be required to return on May 8, 2021 to receive the second dose at the same location and time. If you are not able to return on May 8, 2021, please do not register to receive the vaccine at this time. There will be more opportunities in the near future.
COVID-19 vaccination clinic details (students ages 16+)
- Date: April 17, 2021 (first dose) and May 8, 2021 (second dose)
- Time: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Location: Colonie Central High School, MUG Gymnasium
***Link to register***
More important information for families:
- Students must have a scheduled appointment to receive a vaccine on April 17, 2021
- Students must be 16 years old as of April 17, 2021, the day of the clinic.
- Students under the age of 18 must have parental consent to receive the vaccine. Please use the parent email when you schedule your child’s appointment. This is important for consent.
- When scheduling, you will be asked to schedule your child’s second dose appointment.
- Please try to schedule the second dose at the same time of day as the first dose is given.
- Parents will complete all paperwork in advance through the registration link. Please be sure to complete any insurance information and have proper ID for students to avoid delays/possible cancellation of the vaccine appointment.
- All students receiving vaccines will be required to stay at the school for the required 15-minute post-vaccine observation period. Families should plan accordingly.
- Parents can not accompany their students inside the gymnasium to receive the vaccine. All parents will be asked to stay outside the building unless their child needs special assistance.
- Parents should be patient when waiting for students to complete the vaccination process, which includes registration, receiving the shot, and the required observation period after the shot is administered.
Vaccine information for families
Please review the following for answers to questions about the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine:
- Learn more about side effects and what to expect after receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
- Frequently Asked Questions about Vaccines (CDC)