Dear North Colonie Families,
It is hard to imagine that we are already in the month of June. The year seems to be rapidly approaching its ending, and we all know that there is still much to be done to finish off the year. We will continue to keep you updated with announcements regarding upcoming activities and any changes regarding COVID-19 protocols.
Events to commemorate the class of 2021
- Friday, June 11 – 11:00 a.m. – Senior Social at OLA Church
- Friday, June 11 – 7:00 p.m. – Senior Prom at The Albany Convention Center
- Tuesday, June 15 – 4:00 p.m. – Senior Party at APEX Entertainment
- Saturday June 26 – 10:00 a.m. – Graduation at the Times Union Center
Et tu, Bison Club?
SHS Bison Breakfast Club will be performing Julius Caesar on Thursday, June 17 at 10 a.m. at the Shaker High Auditorium. Here’s a preview of what you’ll experience.
PAC Meeting June 10 at 7PM
We will be having a community forum to discuss the district use of the federal CARES Act funds received. We hope you can participate in this conversation. We will email you a link to join us via live stream next week.
Vaccination Clinic Success
This week, we partnered with the South Colonie schools to host a vaccination clinic at the middle school. We are pleased to inform you that 224 individuals were vaccinated, with an overwhelming majority (82%) representing those 12-15 years of age.
Those who received the first dose this week will come back to get the second dose on Tuesday, June 22 from 4:30-7:30pm.
- Southgate sixth grade student who got the COVID-19 vaccination, entered the state contest to get a full-ride scholarship, and won! Adam Judson will receive free tuition, room and board, books and supplies to any New York State public college or university for four years. This week was the first drawing so there are still 40 more students who will be granted a free higher learning scholarship just for being vaccinated. Here’s the link to register if your 12-17 year old child has at least received their first COVID-19 vaccine dose.
- The Spring 2021 Week Two Athlete of the Week is Talyn Chernosky. In our first win over Guilderland she pitched a complete game with 12 strikeouts and only giving up two runs. Read more
As always, thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe. Stay hydrated, it’s going to be a hot weekend.
D. Joseph Corr
Superintendent of Schools