The North Colonie Transportation Department is dedicated to providing safe and reliable busing services to the families of our district. Our fleet of 80 school buses travel over 800,000 miles per year safely transporting students to and from school as well as athletic events and field trips throughout the area.
Our bus garage, located on the Shaker Campus is where the Transportation Office and Vehicle Maintenance facilities are located. All day, our bus garage is a hub of activity with buses and staff coming and going, even after school hours. If visiting the bus garage, please use extreme caution and watch for moving vehicles, however there is plenty of visitor parking in front of the office.
Delays and Closings
During inclement weather, the North Colonie School District may close or delay schools due to inclement weather or other emergency conditions. Not only will parents will be notified via email and ParentSquare, but the information will also be posted to the district homepage.
- In the event of a closure, there will be no transportation provided, to any schools.
- If there is a delay, there will not be any morning transportation to non-public and charter schools.
Learn more about our Weather Delays and Closing Procedures.
Learn more about jumpstarting your career with our Transportation Department on the Transportation Employment page.
Lost & Found
Visiting our Lost & Found? The bus garage can be a dangerous place, so we advise that you do not ride your bike here. Additionally, we ask all individuals to use caution if you have to visit the bus garage.
- 2023-24 Daycare Transportation Form
- 2023-24 Non-Public Transportation Form
- Meet at the Bus Stop/Go Home with a Sibling Permission Form
Specific information about routing is posted to the parent portal at the end of August. If you have questions about your child’s route, please call our office at 518-785-9486 x 1.
We ask that students arrive at their assigned bus stop at least five minutes prior to pick up time.
View the District Boundary Map.
Non-Public School Information
North Colonie provides transportation to students in our district who wish to attend private schools, within the guidelines indicated on our request form. Learn more about Non-Public School transportation.
FAQ & Bus Safety Information
Our team has prepared a list of frequently asked questions. If you still have questions, please contact our office at (518) 785-9486 x 0.
Bus Safety Information
Follow directions the first time they are given, bus drivers are authorized to assign seats.
- Do not distract the driver
- Watch for the driver’s signals
Be considerate of others.
- Be nice in words and actions
- Help those smaller and younger
- Use an indoor voice — Level 1 or 2
- Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself and inside the bus at all times
Sit properly at all times.
- Take your seat quickly
- Stay in your seat
- Let others sit with you
Respect the environment.
- Keep the bus clean
- No eating or drinking
Board and exit the bus safely .
- Be ready and waiting at the bus stop at least five minutes before the scheduled time.
- Be patient, don’t push and walk at all times
- Be safe – allow others space
Director of Transportation
(518) 785-9486 x 3749
(518) 785-9486 x 3743
(518) 785-9486 x 3747
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
(518) 785-9486 x 3745
(518) 785-9486 x 3748
Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. – 5 p.m.
445 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Latham, NY 12110