Career Exploration Internship Program – Community help needed!
As you may know, Shaker High School offers an internship course for seniors. The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted our students ability to complete the 54 hour minimum requirement. We will be providing those students with alternate activities to supplement the traditional internship hours needed to meet the course standards. We are reaching out to our community members to see if you are willing to assist us in creating these alternative activities for current and future students.
In speaking with Work-Based Learning Coordinators around the state, we’ve seen that people are getting pretty creative in order to provide opportunities to seniors. Many regions/areas have been working with community members to set up virtual opportunities for students to learn about careers. At this time, we are looking for volunteers to assist us in creating meaningful “real world” videos. If you and/or your colleagues are willing to create a pre-recorded video please let us know. Please start your video with your name, job title and place of employment. Some topics you could discuss in your video:
- your career field
- your career journey
- advice – “what career advice you wish you knew at 18?”
- the application, interview and hiring process for your industry/job
- networking advice and/or professional organizations you are a part of
- educational requirements and/or certifications
- most rewarding and most challenging part of your job
- any anecdotes you’d like to share
- topic of your choice
Please upload your video to our shared Google Drive. Click to access NCCS Community Career Video Recordings Google Drive.
Additionally, if you believe that a colleague or another professional you know might be interested in assisting us please feel free to share this email with them. We have students interested in a wide variety of careers and are focused on exploring as many as possible.
If you have any questions/concerns please feel free to contact us.
Thank you. Stay safe and healthy!
The CEIP Coordinators
- Denise Bourdeau, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Antoinette Randall, email@example.com
- Jaimee Shipley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lauren Squadere, email@example.com
- Chris VanDerbeck, firstname.lastname@example.org
Category: Archive, District News, SHS