Vaccine Clinic for North Colonie Students 16+ and Their Families
North Colonie families,
Earlier this week, we told you about a vaccination clinic at the Colonie High School gymnasium on Saturday, April 17 for ages 16 and older. It has been brought to our attention there are concerns regarding the date for the second dose, May 8, due to the administration of the SAT’s that day.
In response, Colonie High School will now host the second vaccination from 9:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m on May 9. By changing this date, there will be no conflict with students taking part in SAT exams the morning of May 8.
Due to the remaining number of slots, we are now opening this up to North and South Colonie students 16 years of age or older AND any eligible household members.
Please use this link to sign up.
COVID-19 vaccination clinic details:
- Dates: April 17, 2021 (first dose) and May 9, 2021 (second dose)
- Time: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Location: Colonie Central High School, MUG Gymnasium
More important information for families:
- You must have a scheduled appointment to receive a vaccine on April 17, 2021
- You must be 16 years old as of April 17, 2021, the day of the clinic.
- Students under the age of 18 must have parental consent to receive the vaccine. Please use the parent email when you schedule your child’s appointment. This is important for consent.
- When scheduling, you will be asked to schedule the first and second dose appointments.
- Please try to schedule the second dose at the same time of day as the first dose is given.
- Parents will complete all paperwork in advance through the registration link. Please be sure to complete any insurance information and have proper ID for students to avoid delays/possible cancellation of the vaccine appointment.
- All who receive vaccines will be required to stay at the school for the required 15-minute post-vaccine observation period. Families should plan accordingly.
- Parents can not accompany their students inside the gymnasium to receive the vaccine. All parents will be asked to stay outside the building unless their child needs special assistance.
Vaccine information for families
Please review the following for answers to questions about the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine:
- Learn more about side effects and what to expect after receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
- Frequently Asked Questions about Vaccines (CDC)
Category: Archive, District News