Site work at Shaker Junior High School and Shaker High School, as well as at Walker Field has been underway since May and is currently on schedule.
- New underground water, gas and storms lines are in progress throughout the site
- New parking lots for faculty and transportation are complete
- New roadways and the bus loop are progressing as scheduled
- Synthetic turf for Walker Field has been delivered and is in the process of installation
- Foundations for the middle school additions are also in progress
While it was expected that work at SHS and SJHS would be the sole focus this summer, because the pace of the project has been moving forward successfully, there will also be some time for minor site work at Southgate Elementary and possibly Boght Hills.
Summer work at Southgate will involve some clearing and excavation work in order to start laying underground water lines and new electric lines for the new service and transformer.
With the underground waterline and addition foundation work at Southgate scheduled to begin this week, the school’s server will be temporarily shut down. Phone service at Southgate will be unavailable beginning Wednesday, July 25 through Wednesday, August 8. Follow-up communication will be sent out when the phone lines have been officially been restored. In the meantime, if you need to reach Southgate main office personnel during the next three weeks, please call Loudonville Elementary at 518-434-1960 and specify your request.
Category: District News