Grade 2 Supply List
2018-19 Southgate Grade 2 Supply List
Dear Parents of Incoming Second Graders,
Congratulations on your child’s successful completion of first grade! We are dedicated to making second grade a busy and productive year for all of the students.
The following is a list of school supplies needed by your child in September:
- Plastic magazine file box (any color) approx. 12”h x 4”w x 9”d (labeled with your child’s name)
- 30 sharpened #2 yellow pencils with erasers (we recommend Ticonderoga)
- One (1) box sharpened colored pencils.
- Two (2) glue sticks (labeled with name) – jumbo sized
- Scissors (labeled with name)
- One (1) box of tissues to share with class
- $3.16 for party money in envelope labeled with your child’s name
- Three (3) pocket laminated folders
- 1-labeled “In-School”,
- 1-labeled “Take Home”,
- and 1-labeled “Writing Folder”
- One (1) 1-subject spiral notebook (Home/School Journal)
- One (1) old sock
- Three (3) marble composition notebooks, (2) labeled “Writing Journal”, (1) labeled “Science Journal”.
- Four (4) dry erase markers
- One (1) box wipes (boys)
- One (1) set of inexpensive headphones in a Ziploc bag labeled with child’s name
- One (1) box of Ziploc gallon bags (girls)
- One (1) magic eraser (girls)
- One (1) 3×5 package index cards (boys)
**Each item should have your child’s name on it, as should coats, boots, and lunch boxes. It would be helpful if you could monitor your child’s supplies throughout the school year and replenish them as needed.
We are looking forward to sharing next year with you and your child. Have a safe and happy summer.
The Second Grade Teachers