Grade 2 Supply List
Dear Parents of Incoming Second Graders,
Congratulations on your child’s successful completion of first grade! We are dedicated to making second grade a busy and productive year for all of the students.
The following is a list of school supplies needed by your child in September:
- Sharpened #2 yellow pencils with erasers
- One (1) box sharpened colored pencils
- One (1) box of tissues to share with class
- Three (3) pocket laminated folders (1-labeled “In-School”, 1-labeled “Take Home”, and 1-labeled “Writing Folder”)
- One (1) 1-subject spiral notebook (Home/School Journal)
- One (1) old sock
- Three (3) marble composition notebooks, (2) labeled “Writing Journal”, (1) labeled “Science Journal”
- One (1) box wipes
- One (1) set of inexpensive headphones in a Ziploc bag labeled with child’s name
- One (1) box of Ziploc gallon bags
Each item should have your child’s name on it, as should coats, boots, and lunch boxes. It would be helpful if you could monitor your child’s supplies throughout the school year and replenish them as needed.
The following are always welcomed and appreciated:
- Glue sticks
- Dry erase markers
We realize that school supplies can be expensive, so please feel free to use items you may already have at home.
We are looking forward to sharing next year with you and your child. Have a safe and happy summer.
The Second Grade Teachers