Grade 1 Supply List
2018-19 Southgate Grade 1 Supply List
Dear Parents of Incoming First Graders,
Congratulations on your child’s successful completion of kindergarten! As we look ahead to next September when your child enters first grade, you may wish to begin to assemble the supplies needed for this next busy and exciting year.
Following is a list of school supplies needed by your child in September:
- Metal magazine holder approx. 12”h x 4”w x 9”d (Please label with name)
- Book bag of some type to protect library books and schoolwork
- Sneakers (for physical education)
- Two (2) marble composition notebooks (Please label with name)
- One (1) dozen yellow sharpened #2 pencils- (we recommend Ticonderoga) *No designs please, as we pool the pencils for the class*
- Two (2) pocket folders with bottom pockets only. Please label (1) folder “Poetry” folder, and label the other folder “Stay In School” folder
- One (1) plastic pocket folder with bottom pockets only. Please label the folder “Go Home” folder.
- Four (4) thick dry erase markers black
- One (1) clipboard (name)
- $3.16 party money in an envelope labeled with your child’s name
- One (1) box of tissues
- One (1) package of disinfectant wipes
- One (1) plastic school box (to easily fit inside desk) containing the following:
- Crayons (regular colors please – no more than 24)
- Markers (regular classic colors please – no more than 8)
- 6 large glue sticks
- 2-3 large erasers
- Scissors (name)
- One (1) set of inexpensive headphones in a Ziploc bag labeled with child’s name and teacher.
- One (1) dry erase marker eraser
- Three (3) one gallon Ziploc bags
**Please note: We DO have snack so bring one on the first day of school & please label your child’s backpacks, coats, boots, etc.**
We are looking forward to seeing you in the fall. Have a safe and happy summer!
The First Grade Teachers