Grade 1 Supply List
Dear Parents of Incoming First Graders,
Congratulations on your child’s successful completion of kindergarten! As we look ahead to next September when your child enters first grade, you may wish to begin to assemble the supplies needed for this next busy and exciting year.
Following is a list of school supplies needed by your child in September:
- Two (2) marble composition notebooks (Please label with name)
- One (1) dozen yellow sharpened #2 pencils
- Two (2) pocket folders with bottom pockets only. Please label (1) folder “Poetry” folder and label the other folder “Stay In School” folder
- One (1) plastic pocket folder with bottom pockets only. Please label the folder “Go Home” folder.
- One (1) clipboard (please label with name)
- One (1) box of tissues
- One (1) package of wipes
- One (1) plastic school box (to easily fit inside desk) containing the following:
- Crayons (regular colors please – no more than 24)
- Markers (regular classic colors please – no more than 8)
- 2-3 large erasers
- One (1) set of inexpensive headphones in a Ziploc bag labeled with child’s name
The following are always welcomed and appreciated:
- Glue sticks
- Dry erase markers
We realize that school supplies can be expensive, so please feel free to use items you may already have at home.
We do have snack so bring one on the first day of school.
Please label your child’s backpacks, coats, boots, etc.
We are looking forward to seeing you in the fall. Have a safe and happy summer!
The First Grade Teachers