Shaker Junior High has a Backpack Program designed to meet the needs of hungry children on weekends. The program provides backpacks filled with food that is child-friendly, shelf stable and easily consumed. Recently, we have experienced a significant increase in our numbers and need your help.
If you are able to make a monetary donation, we can provide a tax deductible receipt. If you are interested in donating food items, the following items can be dropped off in the main office of the Junior High:
• Boxes of cereal –not LARGE. Must fit in backpack.
• Boxes of oatmeal packets.
• Mac n Cheese (boxes or microwaveable cups).
• Small jars of Peanut butter.
• Small jars of jelly.
• Canned pasta (think Chef Boyardee),
• Canned Tuna and/or Chicken.
• Boxed Pasta.
• Plastic jars of sauce.
• Juice boxes (100% Juice)
• Canned Vegetables and/or Beans.
• Individually wrapped snacks
All jars/cans must be 16 oz. or smaller due to weight of the backpack.
All items must be able to fit in the backpack.
We thank you for supporting this valuable program.