Shaker High School students participating in the Center for Economic Growth New York State High School Business Model Competition cleaned up at Siena College this month. The competition attracted students from 26 schools in the Capital Region and Tri-State area.
The annual New York State High School Business Model Competition offers high school students an opportunity to showcase their business model in an educationally-competitive environment. You can find more information by clicking here.
Two Shaker High School student startup businesses won overall awards, and Shaker students took home four of the six specialty awards as well.
- 1st place overall: UpScales (team members: Francis Aiello, Brian Churcill) won $1000
- 3rd Place overall: Pressure Point Technologies (Shriya Musuku, Fiona Fitzgerald) $200
Specialty Award Winners:
- Best Finances Award: Driver Deputy (team members: Karan Yadav, Noah Page, Zev Siegfeld)
- Most Socially Beneficial: ShelPac (team members: CJ Cummings, Jerome Honey)
- Most Competitor Savvy: Independent Devices (Team members: William Pepe, Keegan Flaherty, Nikhil Mehta)
- Best Use of Emerging Technologies: DnM UV-C (Robert Mysliwiec)