Chromebook Care Protection Plan
The District will provide an optional Chromebook Care Protection Plan that will cover your student’s first incident of accidental damage, loss, or theft during the school year.
- The cost of the plan is $20 for the remainder of the 2017-18 school year. In future years, the estimated cost will be $30/year.
- To purchase the plan, make sure to opt-in on your student/parent agreement form and include a check for $20 made out to North Colonie Central School District.
- If you do not purchase the plan, you will be fully responsible for any theft or damage to your device.
- Intentional damage to your device will not be covered by the protection plan. The administration reserves the right to charge for damage that is determined not to be caused by a accident.
- An official police report will be required if your device is stolen.
- To reduce the chance of theft, NCCSD 1:1 Chromebooks will only allow district accounts (ie “@nccsk12.org”) to login, and devices will be GPS locatable if reported stolen/lost.
Examples of covered damage:
- Damage from dropping the device (broken screen)
- Liquid damage
- Missing keys or broken keyboard
- Theft or loss
Your Chromebook does come with a manufacturer’s warranty covering repairs caused by manufacturing defects. Warranty repairs will be provided for free and a loaner Chromebook will be provided during the repair period. If you choose not to purchase the protection plan, or you have a second incident during the year, you may be charged to repair the accidental damage or replace a lost or stolen device. Below is a list of estimated costs. This list is subject to change based on actual costs from the manufacturer.
|Broken or Lost Power Supply||$25|
|Lost/Stolen/Damaged beyond repair||$200|