Shaker High School Counseling Department
The Shaker High School counselors are committed to delivering comprehensive, developmental counseling services. High school years are full of growth, promise, and challenges. Our school counseling program is dedicated to helping all students realize their full personal potential, set appropriate academic and career goals, and ultimately graduate to become contributing members of the world community. In addition to meeting with students during the school day, the School Counseling Department offers several quality evening programs for parents and students. Please check the High School Calendar for dates and times of evening programs.
Learn more about Naviance Student, a web-based service designed especially for students and parents. Naviance Student is a comprehensive website that you can use to help in making decisions about colleges, and careers.
Instant Admit Days
SUNY Schenectady – Nov. 17
Seniors interested in SUNY Schenectady can apply for free and will have access to an SCCC Admission Counselor on November 17th. SCCC is able to provide individual virtual appointments with students. Access the step-by-step instructions for taking part in this special option for SUNY Schenectady.
Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC)
Please be advised that due to COVID 19 restrictions and the high volume of students expected to apply to HVCC, we could not accommodate individual virtual appointments with admissions representatives. Seniors interested in applying to HVCC are encouraged to complete the online application – either with their school counselor or on their own. The admission decision and follow up materials would then be sent to each student by mail. Create your account and start the application.
Students interested in the following competitive programs at HVCC are encouraged to apply by Nov. 17:
- Dental Hygiene
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care
- Surgical Technology
- Electrical Construction and Maintenance
- Heating/Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Technical Services
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about upcoming Open House events and other visit options with admissions representatives.
Working Papers for Students
North Colonie Central Schools will be issuing working cards using the following process.
- Minors and parents/guardians complete part 1 and part 2 of the Application for Employment Certificate (AT-17). This is a fillable form that allows for digital signatures.
- Evidence of a physical examination from your doctor within the last 12 months must be provided with the application. Minor is to complete the top section of the Physical Fitness Certification Form (AT-16): student name, complete address, date of birth, and gender must be completed.
- Email completed forms to SHSCounseling@ncolonie.org. Upon receipt of the completed forms we will review and set up a time for the minor to sign the working card in the SHS Counseling Office.
If you have any questions, please email SHSCounseling@ncolonie.org.