Dear North Colonie families,
As I pointed out in my Friday letter to you earlier this month, restrictions that were established as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic are changing. However, the Department of Health has not lifted many of the public safety precautions for schools.
Face Covering Requirement
- Face coverings (masks) must be worn by all school students, staff and visitors.
- To clear up any confusion, this applies to fully vaccinated individuals as well.
- Have your face covered even when you are outside.
- This includes athletic events, at recess and at end-of-year activities and ceremonies.
- Face coverings must also still be worn on the school bus by students, drivers and aides.
The New York State Department of Health also requires us to continue:
- Keeping a physical distance of six feet
- Daily health attestations
These protocols are in place for all students, staff and visitors, regardless of vaccination status.
We continue to work very closely with our local health department. As the New York State Department of Health protocols change, we will keep you informed.
D. Joseph Corr
Superintendent of Schools