A message from Principal Trapini:
I hope you are having a wonderful summer! If you have stopped by Blue Creek at all, you have probably noticed some big changes to our parking lot! We are hoping that this makes our arrival and dismissal procedures safer and more efficient.
We have a new parking lot with a new student drop-off area. The new lot is near the kindergarten end of the building where the old garden and the small bus loop used to be located. We would like to have five cars pull up to the student drop-off area at a time, which will allow students from all five cars to unload students at the same time. After the students get out, those five cars will exit the parking lot at the same time to allow the next five cars to pull up and unload. Please make sure that your child is ready to exit the car quickly and independently.
We ask for your cooperation with these procedures:
- Students being dropped off by their families in the morning will use the new drop-off area and walk into the building.
- Students in grades K-2 will use the kindergarten entrance.
- Students in grades 3-6 will walk down our new sidewalk to the main entrance.
- Only buses and employee cars will be permitted beyond the new parking lot during morning arrival and afternoon pick up.
- Families of students enrolled in the CYC before or after school program will follow CYC procedures.
Our morning arrival will be heavily supervised by staff. Click here for a diagram of the traffic pattern that we would like visitors to follow when dropping students off in the morning. At the end of the day, as parents/guardians arrive, they will gather at the exit near the new parking lot and the kindergarten rooms. Beginning at 2:35 p.m. a staff member will go outside to check off the names of students whose designated pick up person (proper identification required!) has arrived. Individuals picking up children will remain outside. As students arrive at the exit, only students whose pick-up person has arrived will be allowed to exit the building.
If you have any questions, please contact us!