North Colonie is pleased to announce we are partnering with Pinpoint Health to deploy a CDC-aligned, HIPAA compliant WebApp to screen and monitor the ongoing wellness of our school community.
As our schools reopen, staff and students will be screened remotely, prior to the start of school, for symptoms of COVID-19.
Pinpoint Health was chosen by North Colonie CSD after an evaluation of multiple programs because of the following features:
- Remotely determine who has concerns/issues and direct parents/staff to follow proper procedures.
- Based on responses, help parents and staff get the help they need.
- HIPAA Compliant and data secure
- Works on any internet-connected device
Families and staff will be expected to self-screen using the Pinpoint Health Screener to assess their student’s health every day.
A daily email or text from Pinpoint Health will be sent to families with a link to the questionnaire for your household. In addition to the health assessment, every student must be temperature checked prior to completing the screening.
For those that do not have the technology resources to complete the screening, the student will be assessed at school by the nurse.
If you are in need of a thermometer to assess your child’s daily temperature, please contact the building secretary and one will be provided to your family.
How to Access the NCCS Daily Health Screener
- A link to the Pinpoint daily health screener will be sent to your child(ren)’s nccsk12.org email account, the primary household email addresses, and primary household cell phone numbers stored in Infinite Campus. Please be sure to check your junk or spam folder!
- If you do not receive a message from Pinpoint Health, please email email@example.com and be sure to include your name, your child(ren)’s name, your preferred contact email, and/or cell phone number
- The link is specifically created for your family and is linked to all of your children attending North Colonie. Please do not forward your link to other families.
- After opening the message for the first time, families may choose to continue having the daily screener sent to their email or conveniently sent as a text message. If you choose text, you will be prompted for your preferred cell phone number.
- Answer a few questions related to your child(ren)’s health that morning. You will only fill out one questionnaire per family. If you answer yes to any question, you will be prompted to select which child has the symptoms.
- A final screen will appear based on your responses with directions to stay home or to proceed to school. Any child for whom you answered “Yes” to a question will be directed to remain at home. Children for whom you answered “no” may attend school.
- Contact your child’s school if you have any questions