For the first time in its history, the North Colonie Central School District is offering Universal Pre-K (UPK) as part of funding from the New York state adopted budget.
After the district learned that the state committed money toward a UPK program, it sought a community partner and subsequently developed an agreement with St. Ambrose and St. Pius X Schools.
UPK is a free program that will be open to North Colonie families with children who will be four years old by December 1, 2021.
The allotted funding covers 94 slots. North Colonie families currently enrolled in UPK at St. Ambrose or St. Pius X are automatically grandfathered into the agreement — leaving a remainder of 26 available slots.
All applications must be submitted by Nov. 19 at 4 p.m. If requests exceed the 26 slots, a random lottery will be held. If applications do not exceed the amount of available openings, spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
Selected families will be able to begin the UPK program as soon as registration is completed.
To apply, the following paperwork must be submitted:
- Registration application – one application must be completed for each child. Click here for the UPK REGISTRATION FORMS.
- A certified transcript of a birth certificate or passport, or record of baptism if not available
- A copy of a residential lease/deed/mortgage statement with current utility bill
- Custody paperwork, if applicable
- Completed registration forms and the required supporting documents can be submitted by email to Central Registrar Courtney DiCocco at: email@example.com or by fax to: (518) 783-0471. You may also submit at the North Colonie District Office at 91 Fiddler’s Lane, Latham. The District Office is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- All applications must be submitted by Nov. 19 at 4 p.m.
For questions about the UPK Program, please contact Central Registrar Courtney DiCocco at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Information About the UPK Program
347 Old Loudon Road
Latham, N.Y. 12110
St. Pius X
75 Upper Loudon Road
Loudonville, N.Y. 12211
The Pre-K Program hours covered by North Colonie Central School District is 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (including lunch).
The Pre-K Program is open to families of all faith denominations. Any religious instruction takes place after the five-hour school day (8 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
Wrap Around Care
Wrap Around Care (1 to 3 p.m.) is available, but is not covered by the North Colonie CSD funding. Enrolled families interested in Wrap Around Care are financially responsible for Wrap Around Care. The cost is $340 per month and would be paid directly to St. Pius X or St. Ambrose.
Aftercare, which is run by each school, is available. If selected, please check with your child’s program for more information about Aftercare.
Students enrolled in the Pre-K Program will receive lunch daily.
Transportation is not available. Families are responsible for transportation to and from the Pre-K Program.
Future UPK Funding
Please note that this funding is on a year-to-year basis and that as long as New York state continues to fund this UPK program, North Colonie will continue to provide a UPK opportunity for students and families of four-year-olds (commensurate with the amount of state funding).