Dear North Colonie Community,
This fall, North Colonie is offering our K-12 students a combination of in-person and remote learning. Parents/guardians may choose for their student(s) to learn from home (remotely) on a full-time basis. As the North Colonie Central School District continues to plan for the reopening of schools this September, we are asking our families to help us by filling out this brief survey. This form must be filled out by a parent or guardian of each student in the district. Please fill out one form per student in your family by Monday, Aug. 24.
If you or someone you know needs a paper copy of the survey, you can call the district offices at (518) 785-8591 and arrange to pick one up or have one mailed to you (or however many you need for your family). All paper surveys can be dropped off in the boxes that will be located outside of each school. Again, all surveys must be completed and submitted by Monday, Aug. 24.
Students who choose full-time remote learning cannot return to school in-person until the start of the second semester. The second semester begins on Monday, February 1.
Please note, the first day of school for all students will be Monday, Sept. 14. For more the latest updates and information, please visit our “Reopening Our Schools” page on our district website.
If you were unable to watch the Parent Advisory Council Meeting last night, a recording of the meeting can be found here. Below you will find what time in the recording certain topics begin:
- Health and Safety – 12:00
- Elementary Schools – 43:51
- Junior High School – 1:16:47
- High School – 1:33:25
- Questions & Answers – 2:08:29
If you have a question that you would like to be considered for the next PAC meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 18, please submit them using this Google form.
As a reminder, if you have any questions that are not addressed in a PAC meeting, the FAQ on our website, or may be specific to your child, you may also contact your child’s school principal or send them to the appropriate email address below:
- Athletics – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum/Instruction – email@example.com
- Food Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health & Safety – email@example.com
- Human Resources – HR@ncolonie.org
- Mental Health & Wellness – PPS@ncolonie.org
- Special Education – PPS@ncolonie.org
- School Buildings/Facilities – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technology – ITTechTeam@ncolonie.org
- Transportation – email@example.com
Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding during this planning process. We will continue to share any updates with our families as we get them.
D. Joseph Corr
Superintendent of Schools