Off to a Good Start!
- Students seem happy to be back in school!
- We are able to cover core subject area instruction.
- Arrival and dismissal are running smoothly!
- Students have daily recess.
- Students have Library, Art, Music, and PE classes daily.
- Students are in small groups for learning.
- Trying to adapt our programs and offerings to follow health guidelines.
- Monthly School Success assemblies shared virtually
- Virtual Veterans Day Wall of Honor
- Students of the Month program & new SEL curriculum
- Virtual Book Fair
- Halloween/Fall Fun Day
- We have started Library book check out!
We need everyone to continue to be vigilant!
- We want to keep everyone healthy!
- Our goal is to stay in school- in person!
- We continue to sanitize often, wear masks, socially distance, wash hands frequently, remain in cohort groups, and we do not use large group spaces.
- We keep up-to-date and accurate seating charts in the event they are needed for contact tracing.
- Students on the bus should also have assigned seats.
What we are learning…
We are learning through experience, that if there is a positive case in the classroom (cohort) or on the bus, the entire cohort, or bus will likely be quarantined. The Albany County Department of Health is leading all contract tracing, once a positive case has been identified. Mr. Corr will continue to update the school community about any positive cases. If you are not receiving these messages or our Loudonville School Messenger texts/emails- please call the office at 518-434-1960.
What’s coming up!
- Virtual author visits!
- John Gray
- Grace Lin
- A modified Turkey Shoot!
- Fun Day- 12/23
- A snow version of the recess schedule – stay tuned!
- Grade level classes and pen pal classes zooming over lunch or for literature discussions
- Providing small group instruction
- Keeping things normal, but also recognizing, we are in the middle of a pandemic and this is not a normal school year. We are thankful to even be in school in-person.
- We continue to prepare for remote instruction blocks, for when it will be necessary. We utilized parent-teacher remote conference days as trial days for this. If anyone is having challenges with internet, they should reach out to us at 518-434-1960.
Thank you for your help, patience, and partnership during these challenging times. If you have any questions, please reach out to Principal North.