Spring is around the corner, as are many exciting PTA-sponsored activities. Please read through the list below to find out which opportunities your child won’t want to miss! Most registrations will be available in the PTA online store via the MySchoolAnywhere website or mobile app.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions at LoudonvillePTA@gmail.com.
Late Winter/Spring PTA Programs
Yoga & Mindfulness
Two sessions: Grades 1-2 (March 5, 12, 19, 26) and Grades 3-4 (April 2, 9, 16, 30)
Students in grades 1-4 are invited to join Kristen Lang of Twisted Sisters Yoga for a 4-week Children’s Yoga & Mindfulness Program. The class will be in the Learning Commons from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays in March for grades 1-2, and Tuesdays in April for grades 3-4. No experience necessary! Mats supplied for participants. Registration available online now, and will be capped at 13 per session due to space. Cost $30 members, $33 nonmembers.
Open to All Grade Levels: Saturday Mornings May 4 – June 14
All students are welcome for this beloved Loudonville tradition! Spring soccer takes place on Saturday mornings, May 4th – June 8th and culminates at the June Jubilee on June 14th. No experience necessary – this is a strictly fun, recreational league. Volunteers are needed for coaching, lining ﬁelds, and set up. Registration will open online on March 4th and close on March 22nd. Cost $30 members, $33 nonmembers.
Open to Grades 1-6: Mondays 3:30 – 4:15, March 11 – April 8
Foreign Language classes oﬀer an introduction to the language and culture of target countries and are taught by Advanced Placement students from SHS. Instruction will be oﬀered in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish. Classes will be held Mondays after school from 3:30 – 4:15, March 11th – April 18th. Registration is available online through Feb 28th. Cost $30 members, $33 nonmembers.
Pick A Reading Partner (PARP)
Open to All Grades: March 4 – 24. Kickoff March 4 at 6:30 p.m.
Kick oﬀ our annual PARP program with a special Magic Show by Brian Richards at 6:30 pm on March 4th. Free tickets required due to space restrictions. Discover the Magic of Reading: log your books for three weeks March 4th – 24th and create a poster to be displayed at school. Everyone who participates receives a prize!
Open to Grades 3-6: Begins in April
Featured Upcoming Events
Scholastic Book Fair
Open to All Grades: March 4 – 8
Parent volunteers are needed to help during the fair. See the SignUp Genius.
Clynk Bottle/Can Drive
Saturday, March 9 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Help us hold on to our lead in the annual recycling challenge! Drop oﬀ containers in the back parking lot, where the Planet Protectors will be waiting to sort donations.
Ice Skating Social
Sunday, March 10 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Join us at the Albany Hockey Facility (830 Albany Shaker Rd.) for this annual event. Free admission. Skate rental $3.
Friday, April 5 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
The Bash is our primary biennial fundraising event. Please join us at the lovely Renaissance Hotel for some adults-only fun and fundraising! Tickets available online now! We need auction items! loudonvilleBASH2019@gmail.com.
May 9 5:30 p.m.
At A Glance: Save the Dates
- Mon 3/4 – Fri 3/8: Spring Book Fair
- Mon 3/4: Planet Protectors Club
- Mon 3/4: Magic Show “Magic of Reading” PARP Kickoff
- Sat 3/9: Clynk Container Drive 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Sun 3/10: Ice Skating Social 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- Mon 3/11: Foreign Language Class 1
- Wed 3/13: Steve Sheinkin Author Visit
- Wed 3/13: PTA Meeting 6:30 p.m.
- Mon 3/18: Foreign Language Class 2
- Mon 3/25: Foreign Language Class 3
- Tues 3/28: Science Fair
- Wed 3/29: Science Fair Snow Date
- Mon 4/1: Foreign Language Class 4
- Mon 4/1: Planet Protectors
- Fri 4/5: Loudonville BASH 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Wed 4/8: Foreign Language Class 5
- Wed 4/10: PTA Meeting 6:30 p.m.
- Sat 4/13: Food Bank Sorting Event
- Mon 5/6 – Fri 5/10: Teacher Appreciation Week
- Mon 5/6: Planet Protectors
- Tues 5/7: Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
- Thurs 5/9: Lion Dash
- Wed 5/15: PTA Meeting 6:30 p.m.
Future PTA Meetings
- March 13
- April 10
- May 15
- Co-Presidents: Criss Kounavis, Dana Subik
- Vice President: Farzana Chisty
- Secretary: Becki Lifford
- Treasurer: Amanda Arze