Dear Parents/Guardians of grades 9-12 students,
Now that we have all had the chance to settle into the unique start to this school year, we want to share some information related to 9th-12th grade attendance procedures. All absences whether full day, a single class, or multiple class periods need to be reported directly by a parent or guardian to the appropriate attendance secretary. This applies to both remote and hybrid students.
- 9/10 Attendance: (518) 785-5511, ext. 3410, email@example.com
- 11/12 Attendance: (518) 785-5511, ext. 3439, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A parent or guardian must send an email. The email must include the student’s name, the date, length of absence (full day absence or what classes will be missed), reasons for absence, the best daytime phone number where you can be reached.
- When reporting absences for a hybrid student, please specify whether or not a student who is home sick is planning on missing the entire school day or just the in-person classes (Block 5-8).
- A parent or guardian is asked to email the attendance secretary with the following information: “early dismissal/student name” in the subject line, the pick-up date and time, the reason for the early dismissal and the phone number where they can be reached.
- Once the attendance secretary receives the early dismissal email, she will call to confirm the early dismissal.
- Once the dismissal has been confirmed, a pass will be delivered to the student.
- Once the student has received their pass, they are permitted to leave the building at the scheduled time of their early dismissal.
- A parent or guardian is asked to email or send a note (email preferred) with the student that includes: the student’s name, the date, the reason the student is late.
- Upon arrival the student needs to come to the LaFollette Hall Office (9th and 10th graders) or the Taft Hall Office (11th and 12th graders) before going to class to get a late pass to give to their teacher.
Thank you for your support and understanding. If you have any questions, please reach out.
Gr. 9-12 Principal
Gr. 7-12 Remote Learning Principal