Dear Parents/Guardians of grade 7&8 students,
Now that we have all had the chance to settle into the unique start to this school year, we want to share some information related to 7th and 8th grade attendance procedures. All absences whether full day, a single class, or multiple class periods need to be reported directly by a parent or guardian to the 7/8 attendance secretary. This applies to both remote and hybrid students.
Contact Information: SJHS 7/8 Attendance – (518) 785-5511, ext. 5494, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A parent or guardian must call AND send an email. The email must include: the student’s name, the date, length of absence (full day absence or what classes will be missed), reasons for absence, the best daytime phone number where you can be reached.
- When reporting absences for a hybrid student, please specify whether or not a student is planning to attend afternoon remote classes.
- A parent or guardian is asked to email the attendance secretary with the following information: “early dismissal” in the subject line, the pick-up date and time, the reason for the early dismissal and the phone number where they can be reached. Also, please indicate if the student will attend remote afternoon classes.
- Once the attendance secretary receives the early dismissal note or email, she will call to confirm the early dismissal.
- Once the dismissal has been confirmed, a pass will be delivered to the student.
- The student will show the pass to the teacher at the time noted and bring the pass to the counter at the main entrance of the High School (Entrance #2).
- Parent/Guardian will sign the student out at the door.
- A parent or guardian is asked to email or send a note with the student that includes: the student’s name, the date, the reason the student is late
- Upon arrival the student needs to come to the Taft Hall Office before going to class to get a late pass to give to their teacher.
Thank you for your support and understanding. If you have any questions, please reach out.
Crystal Fox & Dawn Lange
Gr. 7&8 Principals
Gr. 7-12 Remote Learning Principal