Dear North Colonie Community,
Due to quarantines, the district is experiencing staffing shortages in grades 9-12, and therefore, students in grades 9-12 will be moving to a remote learning period on Thursday, Jan. 7 through Friday, Jan. 15.
All students in the full-day self-contained special education programs will remain in person.
This is a temporary pause and students in grades 9-12 will resume in-person learning on Tuesday, Jan. 19. Any student who chose to be remote for the two week pause following the holiday break will return on Jan. 19 as well. We will update families if there are any changes on Friday, Jan. 15.
Today, Wednesday, Jan. 6, the North Colonie Central School District has confirmed seven new cases of COVID-19 in our school community. The cases by building include:
- An individual associated with the transportation department who was last in on Tuesday, Jan. 5. All contacts have been notified.
- An individual associated with the Latham Ridge K-3 building; no school contacts.
Shaker High School
- An individual associated with the Shaker High School remote learning program; no school contacts.
- An individual associated with Shaker High School; no school contacts.
Shaker Junior High
- An individual associated with grades 7-8 at the high school building who was last in the building on Monday, Jan. 4. All contacts have been notified.
- An individual associated with the Southgate K-3 community; no school contacts.
- An individual associated with Southgate grades 4-6 in the junior high school building; no school contacts.
As you can imagine, the situation changes daily in our district and we are faced with having to make these tough decisions. Please know that we remain committed to providing all of our K-12 students with the option to learn in-person. Thank you for your understanding and continued support during this time.
Please reach out to your child’s school principal if you have any questions.
D. Joseph Corr
Superintendent of Schools