December Dates to Remember
- 12/7: Report Cards go home
- 12/10: 5/6 Concert @ SHS 7:00 p.m.
- 12/13-14: PTA Holiday Shopping
- 12/24-1/2: NO SCHOOL
- 1/3: Classes Resume
5th and 6th Grade Concert
The 5th and 6th grade winter concert will take place on Monday, December 10th at Shaker High School in the auditorium at 7:00 p.m. The band and orchestra students should arrive by 6:30 p.m. and the chorus members by 6:45 p.m.
The suggested dress code:
- Girls: dress or skirt and blouse
- Boys: dress pants and shirts.
Please join us to hear some wonderful music. The students have been working very hard!
Forts Ferry phone number: 518-785-9203
School day: 8:40 am-3:15 pm
Student drop off: Area near the tennis courts 8:40-8:50
Doors to the building are locked during the school day, if you are visiting the building to drop off, pick up or for any other reason, please report first to the main office. Visitors are not allowed to the classrooms without prior arrangements with the teacher.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
On December 13th & 14th the PTA will host a Holiday Shopping time. Students can do their holiday shopping during lunch/recess times on those days.
Volunteers are needed:
Please visit the PTA website to volunteer at: www.fortsferrypta.org
- Snowboard, toboggans, and molded or metal sleds are not allowed.
- You may bring in a plastic roll-up sled in your backpack.
- Students are not allowed to throw ice or snow at any time.
- You need boots and snow gear for sledding.
- Extra clothing may be left at school.
If the temperature falls below 10°F, the younger students will remain inside. The older students may be given half inside and half outside recess, depending on the weather conditions at the time of their recess.
If there is an unusual amount of icing and conditions are unsafe, the children will stay inside.
Please be sure that your child is appropriately dressed for the weather conditions. Warm jackets, hats, gloves and boots make recess time more enjoyable!