Dear North Colonie Community,
The North Colonie Central School District has confirmed five new cases of COVID-19 in our school community. The cases include:
- An individual associated with the high school, who was last in on Tuesday, Nov. 24. This individual had no school contacts.
- An individual associated with grades 7-8 in the high school building who was last in on Friday, Dec. 2. This individual had no school contacts.
- An individual associated with Boght Hills K-3 who was last in on Friday, Dec. 4. This individual had no school contacts.
- An individual associated with the Boght Hills 4-6 program at the junior high school who was last in the building on Friday, Dec. 4.
- An individual associated with the Boght Hills 4-6 program at the junior high school who was last in the building on Monday, Dec. 7.
We have been in contact with the Albany County Department of Health and identified each individual’s close contacts in the school community. Anyone who has been in close contact with any of these individuals has been directly contacted by a school administrator to discuss quarantine procedures and other health-related instructions. A call from the New York State Department of Health contact tracers will follow.
We continue to work closely with the Albany County DOH and follow their guidance each time our district has a positive case. Read more information on quarantine protocols and isolation protocols from the Albany County DOH.
As a reminder, the district has transitioned to fully remote instruction through Thursday, Dec. 17, with the exception of our students in our full-day self-contained programs.
Please reach out to your child’s principal if you have any questions.
D. Joseph Corr
Superintendent of Schools