Health and Wellness
District Wellness Policy
The North Colonie Central School is committed to providing a school environment that enhances learning and development of lifelong wellness practices.
To accomplish these goals:
• Child Nutrition Programs comply with federal, state, and local requirements. Child Nutrition Programs are accessible to all children.
• Sequential and interdisciplinary nutrition education is provided and promoted.
• Patterns of meaningful physical activity connect to students’ lives outside of physical education.
• All school-based activities are consistent with local wellness policy goals.
• All foods and beverages made available on campus (including vending, concessions, a la carte and student stores) during the school day will be consistent with the current Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
• All foods made available on campus adhere to food safety and security guidelines.
• The school environment is safe, comfortable, pleasing, and allows ample time and space for eating meals.
Click here for the official policy.