Elementary School Counseling
Meet The Counselors | K-5 Curriculum | Parent Programs and Resources
What is a School Counselor?
According to the American School Counseling Association, “School counselors are certified educators who improve student success for ALL students by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program. School counselors work to maximize student success, promoting access and equity for all students.” As vital members of the school mental health team, school counselors create a school culture of success for all.
What does a School Counselor do?
- K-5 Developmental Counseling Lessons
- Small Group Counseling
- Short-term Individual Counseling
- Support in crisis situations
- Parent/teacher/administrator collaboration & consultation
- Coordinate parenting programs