Dec. 15 Capital Project
Referendum at a glance
- Total project cost: $196.4 million
- Estimated annual average tax increase for homeowners who have a home valued at $288,000 ($0.875 per thousand of market value):
- $252 annually, $21/month
- The current enrollment will increase by 939 students in 10 years
- 21st century program needs
- Higher state aid ratio that reduces tax impact for voters will expire June 30, 2018
Why is Goodrich the only polling place?
Education Law 2017 permits a school district that uses personal registration of voters to divide the school district into election districts for the purposes of voting on matters including a capital project. Without personal registration, however, all voting must take place at one site. Therefore, since the North Colonie school district does not currently use the personal registration of voters, all voting for the December 15 capital project will take place at the District’s Administrative Offices located at Goodrich School, 91 Fiddlers Lane in Latham.
By law, all voters must be U.S. citizens, age 18 or older, and residents of the North Colonie Central School District for at least 30 days prior to the vote. Voters must have a valid I.D.
Applications must be received by the District Clerk by Dec. 7 if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day before the referendum, if the ballot is to be delivered personally to the voter. Click here for an absentee ballot for the Dec. 15 capital project vote.