COVID-19 Updates & Information: 2020-21 School Year
Recent Updates from the District
- One individual in school community tests positive for COVID-19 – Wednesday, June 16
Jenna Bongermino, COVID-19 Coordinator
Phone: 518-785-8591, ext. 3133
Daily Health Screener Info
North Colonie is pleased to announce we are partnering with Pinpoint Health to deploy a CDC-aligned, HIPAA compliant WebApp to screen and monitor the ongoing wellness of our school community. Staff and students will be screened remotely, prior to the start of school, for symptoms of COVID-19. Read more about the health screener.
Albany County Dept. of Health Resources
NYS COVID-19 Data Dashboard
Review the NYS COVID-19 data dashboard here.
All schools in New York State, including North Colonie, are required to submit a daily report to the state of any confirmed cases of COVID-19 linked to a school. The COVID-19 Report Card is available to the public on the New York State Department of Health website and includes daily case statistics from schools throughout the state. While the dashboard is an important tool for identifying trends regionally and statewide, please know that any information regarding COVID-19 in North Colonie schools will be shared with you directly and will not be delayed by these additional reporting requirements.
On the state dashboard, it is especially important to note that for every school district, the state includes a number that is an estimate of “Lab Reported Positives based on Residential Address” as part of its school COVID Report Card. This is an estimate only. This estimate does not reflect the number of cases confirmed in any school. Individual school data on the dashboard is listed separately below this estimated number.
North Colonie Reopening Plan
The health and safety of our students, our staff and their families is our top priority. We want students and employees to feel comfortable and safe returning to school campuses. We will continue to be in an environment of change and as a result, we will continue to modify, update, and improve this reopening document as needed throughout the year. Read the North Colonie Reopening Plan.
COVID-19 Travel Guidance
Effective April 1 domestic travel restrictions were lifted; April 10 international travel restrictions were lifted.
- There are no travel restrictions or need for mandatory quarantine upon returning to NYS from domestic or international travel.
- Quarantine, consistent with the CDC recommendations, is still recommended for all travelers who are not fully vaccinated or have not recovered from laboratory confirmed COVID-19 during the previous 3 months.
- Symptomatic travelers must immediately self-isolate and contact the local health department or their healthcare providers to determine if they should seek COVID-19 testing.
- There are no travel restrictions or need to quarantine upon returning to NYS from domestic travel in the United States, regardless of where a person travels to in the United States or the duration of travel.
All travelers must complete the Traveler Health Form unless the traveler had left New York for less than 24 hours or is coming to New York from a contiguous state.
- Contiguous states to New York are Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont.
Irrespective of quarantine, all travelers must:
- Monitor symptoms daily from day of arrival in New York through day 14;
- Continue strict adherence to all recommended non-pharmaceutical interventions, including hand hygiene and the use of face coverings, through Day 14 (even if fully vaccinated); and
- Must immediately self-isolate if any symptoms develop and contact the local public health authority or their healthcare provider to report this change in clinical status and determine if they should seek testing.
For more information about the latest travel advisory including how “recently recovered” and being “fully vaccinated” is defined, learn more here.
The North Colonie Central School District will be providing meals for remote learners. All meals must be picked up behind Blue Creek Elementary School on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 – 11 a.m. Monday and Wednesday pick up will include two breakfasts and two lunches and Friday pick up will contain one breakfast and one lunch.
If you have any questions, please contact our Director of Food and Nutrition Lisa Ostrowski at email@example.com.
As part of the COVID-19 response effort, North Colonie Central School District is working with the Colonie Youth Center (CYC) to provide childcare resources to families who work in critical professions in our community.
The Colonie Youth Center (providing services at the Rudy A. Ciccotti Center)