COVID-19 Updates & Information: 2020-21 School Year
Recent Updates from the District
- Two Individuals in School Community Test Positive for COVID-19 – Monday, March 8
- One Individual in School Community Tests Positive for COVID-19 – Thursday, March 4
- Four Individuals in School Community Test Positive for COVID-19 – Monday, March 1
- Two Individuals in School Community Test Positive for COVID-19 – Friday, Feb 26
- Four Individuals in School Community Test Positive for COVID-19 – Thursday, Feb. 25
- Two individuals in school community test positive for COVID-19 – Wednesday, Feb. 24
Jenna Bongermino, COVID-19 Coordinator
Phone: 518-785-8591, ext. 3133
Daily Health Screener Info
North Colonie is pleased to announce we are partnering with Pinpoint Health to deploy a CDC-aligned, HIPAA compliant WebApp to screen and monitor the ongoing wellness of our school community. Staff and students will be screened remotely, prior to the start of school, for symptoms of COVID-19. Read more about the health screener.
Albany County Dept. of Health Resources
NYS COVID-19 Data Dashboard
Review the NYS COVID-19 data dashboard here.
All schools in New York State, including North Colonie, are required to submit a daily report to the state of any confirmed cases of COVID-19 linked to a school. The COVID-19 Report Card is available to the public on the New York State Department of Health website and includes daily case statistics from schools throughout the state. While the dashboard is an important tool for identifying trends regionally and statewide, please know that any information regarding COVID-19 in North Colonie schools will be shared with you directly and will not be delayed by these additional reporting requirements.
On the state dashboard, it is especially important to note that for every school district, the state includes a number that is an estimate of “Lab Reported Positives based on Residential Address” as part of its school COVID Report Card. This is an estimate only. This estimate does not reflect the number of cases confirmed in any school. Individual school data on the dashboard is listed separately below this estimated number.
North Colonie Reopening Plan
The health and safety of our students, our staff and their families is our top priority. We want students and employees to feel comfortable and safe returning to school campuses. We will continue to be in an environment of change and as a result, we will continue to modify, update, and improve this reopening document as needed throughout the year. Read the North Colonie Reopening Plan.
Travel Outside of New York State
In compliance with Governor Cuomo’s executive order, for any traveler who comes to New York State from out of state, exempting the contiguous states, the new guidelines for travelers to test-out of the mandatory 14-day quarantine are below:
For travelers who were in another state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure from that state.
- The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
- On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain seek another COVID test. If both tests come back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
For travelers who were in another state for less than 24 hours:
- The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state, and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York State.
- However, the traveler must fill out the traveler information form upon entry into New York State, and take a COVID diagnostic test 4 days after their arrival in New York.
Local health departments will validate tests, if necessary, and if a test comes back positive, will issue isolation orders and initiate contact tracing. The local health department must make contact with the state the traveler came from, to ensure contact tracing proceeds there as well. All travelers must continue to fill out the traveler information form upon arrival into New York State to contribute to New York State’s robust contact tracing program.
The North Colonie Central School District will be providing meals for remote learners. All meals must be picked up behind Blue Creek Elementary School on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 – 11 a.m. Monday and Wednesday pick up will include two breakfasts and two lunches and Friday pick up will contain one breakfast and one lunch.
If you have any questions, please contact our Director of Food and Nutrition Lisa Ostrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the COVID-19 response effort, North Colonie Central School District is working with the Colonie Youth Center (CYC) to provide childcare resources to families who work in critical professions in our community.
The Colonie Youth Center (providing services at the Rudy A. Ciccotti Center)