The district is a central hub of activity in the community, particularly as it relates to educational and recreational opportunities available to children. This page is used to share information about programs supported by the district, non-profits, government agencies and other organizations that support our students. For more information about the activities and organizations listed below, please use the contact information provided with each entry. If you have a community announcement you would like posted, please email NancyMason@ncolonie.org. Please allow two to three weeks lead time in sending to make sure it gets posted/distributed in a timely manner.
Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship
Who: Boys and Girls ages 9-14
Where: VENT Fitness Latham, 195 Troy-Schenectady Rd.
When: Sunday, Jan. 12 from 1-4 p.m.
Cost: FREE! Food item donations are suggested for our local food pantries.
- Participants must arrive by 12:30 p.m.
- Register by emailing Fred Gilmore at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rene Mullen at email@example.com
- All age groups compete against their own gender.
- All first place boys and girls will receive a trophy. Medals will be given to second and third place.
- Copies of birth certificates are needed to provide proof of age.
- First place winners will go on to compete at the district championship in February.
Albany County Dept. of Recreation Winter Festival
When: February 22, 2020
Time: 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
Where: Lawson Lake County Park – 293 Lawson Lake Rd. Feura Bush, NY 12067
Activities include: ice skating, ice fishing, snowmobiling, snowshoe hikes, face painting, camp fire, s’mores and hot chocolate! Cross country skis and snow shoes will also be available to use!