Vote: Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Budget total: $107.2 million
Spending Increase: 1.8 percent
Tax Levy Increase: 2.47 percent
Tax Rate Increase: 0.94% or $0.24 per $1,000 of assessed value
Vote: 3,116 yes votes to 1,054 no votes, a margin of 75 percent
One candidate re-elected:
Read more about the 2017-18 budget.
Vote: Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Budget total: $105.3 million
Spending Increase: 2.60 percent
Tax Levy Increase: 2.41 percent
Tax Rate Increase: 0.67 percent
Vote: 1,270 yes votes in favor to 344 votes against
- Staffing for special needs and English as a New Language students
- Greater technology infusion, grades K-12 (Chromebooks, iPads and laptops)
- The transfer of $3 million to the district’s capital fund to complete needed improvements in district school buildings. Click here for a full list.
Two candidates re-elected
Ronald Von Dell
Vote: Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Budget total: $102.7 million
Spending Increase: 1.33 percent
Tax Levy Increase: 2.98 percent
Vote: 1,471 yes votes in favor to 379 votes against
- The implementation of a full-day kindergarten program in the fall of 2015.
- The expansion of the English as a New Language program (as per state mandates).
- The expansion of the fundamental Math and English Language Arts programs at Shaker Junior High School.
- The transfer of $3 million to the district’s capital fund to complete needed improvements in district school buildings.
BOE Election: Two candidates re-elected
Vote: Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Proposed budget: $101.3 million
Vote: 1,328 yes votes in favor to 566 votes against
Spending Increase: 3.21 percent
Tax Levy Increase: 3.63 percent
- Necessary maintenance and improvements to district buildings using transfer to capital funds
- Continuation of the instructional coaching program at the elementary level
- $75,000 instructional grant for technology in the classrooms
- Additional programming at the high school, including Unified Biology 1 and 2, and University in the High School Physics
- New 8th grade engineering program, Design and Drawing for Production
BOE Election: Three candidates elected