Budget & Taxes
Annual Budget Vote & Board Election: Tuesday, June 9
As per the Governor’s executive order, all voting for the school budget and school board election on June 9 must be done via absentee ballot.
- In an Executive Order issued on Friday, May 1, 2020, New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced that this year’s school budget vote and Board of Education election will take place on June 9, 2020, exclusively by absentee ballot due to the COVID-19 public health crisis. Read more information on June 9 budget vote.
- On June 9, North Colonie residents will elect two candidates to five-year terms, without compensation, to the Board of Education. The open seat of current Board of Education member Linda Harrison is uncontested. The open seat of David Gaynor has one candidate, Samuel Johnson. Learn more about the candidates.
- On Monday, May 18, the North Colonie Board of Education adopted a $117,979,501 budget proposal for the 2020-21 school year. As per the Governor’s executive order, all voting for the school budget and school board election on June 9 must be done via absentee ballot. Read more about the proposed budget.
2020-21 Budget Calendar
Budget committee meetings will be held at 7 p.m. in the Central Office Curriculum and Instruction Workroom on the following dates:
- March 2, 2020
- March 11, 2020
- March 25, 2020
- April 6, 2020
- April 30, 2020
- May 14, 2020 (Budget Meeting)
- May 18, 2020 (Budget Meeting)
- livestream on YouTube
- Board formally adopts proposed budget
- May 28, 2020 (Budget Hearing & Meet the Candidates)
- June 9, 2020 (Annual Board Election and Budget Vote)
- The vote will take place with absentee ballots only. Information will be mailed to district residents.