To keep our children safe and healthy, Boght Hills and the North Colonie Central School District has established the following guidelines:
Please DO NOT send your child to school if he/she has the following:
- a temperature of 100 degrees or higher in the past 24 hours. They need to be fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medicine for example, Tylenol or Ibuprofen.
- diarrhea or has been vomiting during the night or early that morning. They must be symptom free for 24 hours.
- body rash with or without itching and with or without fever
- active head lice
- red, itchy and or crusty eyes or complaint of sore throat longer than 24 hours.
- a bad cold with a very runny nose and/or bad cough
If your child has been diagnosed with a communicable disease for example, strep throat, pink eye, pneumonia, head lice etc, please notify the school. Students are not allowed to return to school for 24 hours for diseases that require antibiotic treatment.
All new students must submit a copy of a recent physical done by a New York State healthcare provider. There is a change in the required grades levels. Annual physicals are required for all NEW, K, 1st, 3rd and 5th graders. A copy of dental certificate is also recommended.
Any medication, including over the counter medication, must have an order written by a licensed provider, delivered to the school by the parent in the original container, and must have a parent note granting permission for the school nurse to administer the medication. Please have your student drop off cough drops to the health office with a parent note.
Thank you for your cooperation in the health and safety of the students :-)
(518) 785-0222, ext. 4310.