Board of Education Committee and Special Meetings
The North Colonie Board of Education is a Committee of the Whole, meaning all nine board members are members of all standing committees.
Committee/special meetings are scheduled as necessary throughout the school year, so please check the schedule regularly. Meetings are open to the public unless Board members vote to enter into an executive session. Meeting minutes are not posted until they have been approved by the Board at a subsequent meeting.
Committee meetings are study sessions during which board members receive and discuss information about topics relevant to the school district. During these meetings, Board members and administrators may decide upon a path of action to pursue in relation to the topic of discussion.
Each school and PTA is assigned a representative Board member, who does his or her best to attend the assigned school’s special events and PTA meetings. The Board member is available at PTA meetings to give updates or answer questions from those in attendance. Each spring, during budget season, the Board member and superintendent will conduct a budget presentation at each school.
2022-23 Committee/Special Meetings
- July 5, 2022 Minutes
- August 8, 2022 Minutes
- October 13, 2022 – Special Budget Meeting (Annual Audit)
- November 28, 2022 Minutes – Curriculum Committee Meeting
- February 9, 2023 Minutes – Special Meeting (Contracts)
- March 6, 2023 Minutes: Special Meeting prior to the Budget Committee Meeting (7 p.m.) to vote on an MOA for sick leave donations
- Monday, March 20, 2023: Budget Committee Meeting, 7 p.m., 91 Fiddlers Lane in the Training Room;
- Wednesday, March 22, 2023: Budget Committee Meeting, 7 p.m., 91 Fiddlers Lane in the Training Room;
PLEASE NOTE: The schedule (dates and locations) for the remaining 2023-24 Budget Meetings has changed. This information was updated 3-27-23 to reflect those changes.
Monday, April 3: 7 p.m. at Shaker Middle School Auditorium.
- Topics: Staffing, Anticipated Building Enrollment, and New Programs and Initiatives
Wednesday, April 5: 7 p.m. Shaker Middle School Auditorium
- Topics/Action: Proposed Budget Review, Updated Tax Cap, Property Tax Report Card, Approval of Schedules, and Board formally adopts the proposed budget.
Wednesday, May 3: 7 p.m. Shaker Middle School Auditorium.
- Topics/Format: Budget Hearing/Forum & Meet the BOE Candidates
Tuesday, May 16: 6 a.m. – 9 p.m. District Office, 91 Fiddlers Lane, Latham.
- Budget Vote