Winter Sports: Modified and Modified 9 Levels
Start Date: November 12th
In order to be cleared for the November 12th start date for a modified level sport an athlete must:
- Submit recheck/permission form to Shaker Junior High School Health Office nurse IN-PERSON between October 12th – November 2nd. A student in 9th grade trying out for Modified 9 will submit his or her recheck form to Shaker High School Health Office nurse (October 12th – November 2nd).
- Shaker Junior High School Health Office hours: Monday – Friday 7:30-3:00
- Shaker High School Health Office hours: Monday – Friday 7:30-3:00
- By delivering a recheck/permission form in-person, a student-athlete will immediately be told if he or she is cleared. If not cleared, he or she will be given a reason, and will be given back the recheck/permission form until all required information is obtained. The Health Office staff will only take the recheck/permission form if the athlete is cleared.
- A common reason for not being cleared is not having a current physical on record in the nurse’s office. As a courtesy for our athletes, we offer the following date to obtain a free physical at the Capital Region Health Park: October 24th – 5:30 p.m.
- Recheck/permission forms submitted in-person after the November 2nd deadline may be considered for clearance; however that athlete will not be eligible to start on time, which could result in him or her not making a team.
*** Students in 7th or 8th grade who have been invited to try out for a High School level (Varsity, JV, or Freshman) team must receive clearance from the Shaker Junior High School nurse by October 30th.
Questions? Contact the Athletic and/or Health Office at SHS.