2019 Fall Sports: Varsity, JV, and Freshman Levels
Start Date: August 19, 2019
In order to be cleared for the August 19 start date for a high school level sport an athlete must:
1. Submit a recheck/permission form – available on the Athletic page of the District website (www.northcolonie.org) – to the nurse, IN-PERSON at Shaker High School Health Office between: July 22 – August 15
Summer Health Office hours at Shaker High School:
- July 22 – August 22, August 26 – 28: – 8 a.m. – 12 noon
- Evening hours: July 23, 30, August 6, 13: 6 – 8 p.m.
2. By delivering a recheck/permission form in-person, a student-athlete will immediately be told if cleared. If not cleared, he or she will be given a reason, will be given back the recheck/permission form until required information is obtained, and will be able to resubmit the recheck-permission. The Health Office staff will only take the recheck/permission form if the athlete is cleared.
- A common reason for not being cleared is not having a current physical on record in the nurse’s office. As a courtesy for our athletes, we are offering free physicals on Wednesday, July 31 from 5-7 p.m. at Shaker high School
3. Recheck/permission forms submitted in-person after the August 15th deadline may be considered for clearance; however that athlete will not be eligible to start on time, which could impact the tryout process.
*Student entering 7th or 8th grade who have been invited to try out for a High School level team must receive clearance by August 15.
Questions? Contact the Athletic Office or the Health Office.